More than hosting. Hosting with site updates
How does ‘hosting with site updates’ work?
- We do the web site maintenance. Easily update your site by simply e-mailing your changes to us
- High quality hosting and e-mail
- No need to learn HTML or buy expensive Web maintenance or image editing software
- Keeping your content fresh and at the same time provide a better browsing experience for your visitors
- Fresh content is a great way of improving search engine rankings
- Review our plans and start the process
Why should I use Billy Fire?
- All our hosting plans provide much more than simply hosting and e-mail, we also supply value added services including web site update and web maintenance update hours.
- We have graphic design, web design, marketing consulting and copywriting skills – all in house
- We are skilled in PHP, MySQL and CSS formatting
- We make daily backups to your web site and e-mails that have not yet been downloaded
An overview of hosting with updates
It wasnâ€™t so long ago that getting a Web page was viewed as being progressive. Those days are long gone â€“ businesses, organizations and even individuals MUST have a Web site. But a web site by itself is not enough. Just like the internet, the website needs to be vibrant and dynamic if it is to get visitors and superior search engine rankings. This means that it is imperative that the site is maintained and kept up-to-date. But this can be harder than it sounds. Unless you are interested in the Web development, it means taking time out of your daily routine to edit pages, when you would probably be more profitably employed elsewhere or worse, spending scarce leisure hours battling HTML. That is where we come in.
Value added services
All our hosting plans provide much more than simply providing high quality hosting and e-mail, we also supply value added services including website update and maintenance hours. Update hours enable you to easily update your site by simply e-mailing your changes to us. No need to learn HTML or buy an expensive Web HTML or image editing software.
Update hours enable you to send us information (e.g., new text, corrections, press releases or images) that you would like added to your Web site. This means that your Web site can be up-to-date, with little effort on your part.
Why is ‘fresh’ content so important?
Not only does keeping your content fresh provide a better browsing experience for your visitors, it is also viewed as one of the best ways of improving search engine rankings. A site that is not updated regularly is often viewed as being â€˜staleâ€™ and of less value. Our update plans are all based on 3 monthly updates so that you could get all your changes done in the last month of each quarter, although you may find benefit in getting into the routine of doing updates every month.
What do I get as part of my update hours?
The following are some of the activities that we will complete for you, up to your quarterly time allocation:
- Add new content (e.g. text or images) to existing pages
- Edit existing content
- Create new pages
- Add new links and correct broken links
- Create e-mail addresses for new staff members
- Review key phrase placement
This would enable us to:
- Add new product or service information
- Modify contact details (e.g. if you get a new staff member)
- Add press releases to the site
- Add new links to your site
What if I need more work done than my quarterly quota?
Donâ€™t worry if you send us more work than can be done within the time available in your plan, we will complete as much as we can and then notify you. You could put off the rest of the work until the next 3 month period or alternatively pay us an additional fee to complete the work.
Bear in mind that we do not make unilateral changes to our clientsâ€™ sites. This could cause all sorts of problems. We wait for our clients to request changes
Our plans donâ€™t stop there. All our plans come with daily backup and detailed Web site statistics. Our plans include the option to setup and manage an e-mail database so that you can capture the e-mail addresses of visitors to your site using a â€˜double-opt-inâ€™ system, and then use the e-mails for outbound e-mail marketing campaigns (see pricing below). Depending on the plan your select, many other services are available, including META tag review, Weblog installation :â€blogging softwareâ€) and the setup of Google site map submissions. Click here to see what is included in each plan.